Spring Forward – Outfit Inspiration
Here we are hurtling towards the end of April (already!) and following a two-day heatwave we now have northerly winds to keep us on our toes. It is so tricky to dress in the right outfit day-to-day and not end up too hot or too cold! Layering is the best way, until we finally get our longed for ‘proper’ summer sunshine :).
I have pulled together some outfit ideas for Spring, going into Summer, that do have a bit of layering but that also include some of this seasons hottest pieces to keep your wardrobe up-to-date and interesting:
1. Olivia Palermo in a white shirt and distressed denim with lace-up heels. This look is utter outfit perfection! If you look around the shops at the moment, lace-up style heels are everywhere. I love these by Zara. This outfit looks perfectly groomed and dressed-up despite including ripped jeans; the heels are glamorous and are perfectly off-set by the simple crisp white shirt giving the look nonchalance. A perfect example of ‘high-low’ dressing that would work for most people.
If you are running around in the day in this look, swap the high heels for these Boden silver flats:
2. Smart shorts with white tie front shirt. These palm print shorts from Net-a-Porter work well for the 70’s style revival going on at the moment. Smart shorts are a versatile addition to your wardrobe, dressed down for day with flats and a shirt or a t-shirt or dressed-up by adding a tailored jacket and heels for evening:
3. Update your wardrobe and finish your Spring outfits with a coloured leather jacket. This Delphinium blue jacket from All Saints is stunning, will brighten your day and would look brilliant thrown over a party dress in Spring/Summer evenings! If you are not keen on brights then this navy quilted leather biker from Jigsaw is a good option and would suit all skin tones:
4. White Jeans. They’re back for the Summer but can look frumpy if you’re not careful! I like this outfit because the jeans are ripped, the t-shirt is slouchy and a classic breton stripe but what really makes this outfit fab is the nude flats for a great daytime look:
5. Layering and bright trainers. Not so long ago it was all about white retro trainers but these are now updated with bright colours for Spring. This look is great for the current weather with layered jackets to keep warm, paired with a leather mini skirt to keep sexy and finished with a statement pair of trainers to keep fresh :).
A few ideas there for Spring to keep warm, cool and stylish! I’d love to help you with your wardrobe planning and shopping for Spring/Summer. Call today to have a chat about my services and how I can help.